Dear Knot Resolver users,
Knot Resolver 5.1.0 has been released!
We also have two important announcements:
1) Ubuntu and Debian repositories
Ubuntu and Debian users have to manually set up the upstream repository
once again by following the instructions at:
We apologize for the inconvenience, tests are now in place to prevent
this from happening again.
2) The upcoming major version will contain reworked
hints/policy/prefill/rebinding/view modules and related functionalities.
Please participate in the following survey to ensure we do not forget
about your particular use-case:
It will help us to improve Knot Resolver. Thank you!
Our upstream repositories now also provide packages for CentOS 8,
Ubuntu 20.04 and Fedora 32.
And finally, the release notes for version 5.1.0:
- cache garbage collector: reduce filesystem operations when idle (!946)
- policy.DEBUG_ALWAYS and policy.DEBUG_IF for limited verbose logging
- daemon: improve TCP query latency under heavy TCP load (!968)
- add policy.ANSWER action (!964, #192)
- policy.rpz support fake A/AAAA (!964, #194)
- cache: missing filesystem support for pre-allocation is no longer
- lua: policy.rpz() no longer watches the file when watch is set to
- fix a strict aliasing problem that might've lead to "miscompilation"
- fix handling of DNAMEs, especially signed ones (#234, !965)
- lua resolve(): correctly include EDNS0 in the virtual packet (!963)
Custom modules might have been confused by that.
- do not leak bogus data into SERVFAIL answers (#396)
- improve random Lua number generator initialization (!979)
- cache: fix CNAME caching when validation is disabled (#472, !974)
- cache: fix CNAME caching in policy.STUB mode (!974)
- prefill: fix crash caused by race condition with resolver startup
- daf module: fix del(), deny(), drop(), tc(), pass() functions
- policy and daf modules: expose initial query when evaluating
- cache: fix some cases of caching answers over 4 KiB (!976)
- docs: support sphinx 3.0.0+ (!978)
- minor changes in module API; see upgrading guide:
PGP: 4A8B A48C 2AED 933B D495 C509 A1FB A5F7 EF8C 4869