[knot-dns-users] knot group in a FreeBSD jail -- Permission Denied to Knotc and Python API

Leo Vandewoestijne knot at dns.company
Tue Jan 8 11:51:28 CET 2019

On Thu, 20 Dec 2018, Rick van Rein wrote:

> https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/blob/master/dns/knot2/Makefile#L32-L34
> it is under defined variables.  I will ask Leo if this might need
> correction.

.if !defined(UTILS_ONLY) && !defined(LIB_ONLY)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-rundir=/var/run/knot \
                        --with-storage=/var/db/knot

Are in deed correct, however I will set them to

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-rundir=${RUN_DIR}/knot \
                        --with-storage=${DBDIR}/knot

which -under default circumstances- translates exactly to the above.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Leo Vandewoestijne