[knot-dns-users] dynamically add/delete zones on the fly?

daniel.salzman at nic.cz daniel.salzman at nic.cz
Sat Jan 9 18:10:25 CET 2016

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry for the delayed answer. The dynamic configuration
will be available in the upcoming 2.1.0 version, which should
be released in the next few days. But, if you are impatient,
there already is a release candidate available (see the
corresponding documentation).

A simple example:

1) Prepare a zone template (not required, but very useful):
$ knotc conf-begin
$ knotc conf-set template[default]
$ knotc conf-set template[default].storage "/var/lib/knot/zones/"
$ knotc conf-commit

2) Add a new zone:
$ knotc conf-begin
$ knotc conf-set zone[example.com]