[knot-dns-users] Knot DNS 1.6.5 patch release
jan.vcelak at nic.cz
Tue Sep 1 18:26:09 CEST 2015
Today, CZ.NIC Labs releases Knot DNS 1.6.5. This patch release contains quite
a lot of non-critical bug fixes and some minor improvements. Everyone is
advised to upgrade.
Let's go through the fixed bugs quickly:
- The server no longer loads expired zones on 'knotc reload' and server
- We have fixed a rare race-condition in the event scheduling code. The race
caused that events for some zones were significantly delayed. (We were
reported that the server is occasionally ignoring notify messages for random
zones when the server is receiving many notifies. We believe this bug
was the cause and the problem should no longer appear.)
- There was a bug in the NSEC proofs construction. When the zone contained
many delegations, the NSEC proving non-existence of a covering wildcard was
incorrect. The problem is fixed now.
- The TC flag was not set correctly for RRL slipped answers. This problem
is resolved as well.
- We have disabled domain name compression for the root label '.' because it
caused negative compression and some client implementations (like Go DNS)
might have problem decoding these answers.
- The server is now checking whether it is executed in the systemd enviroment
before using journald as a sink for log messages. Also the systemd library
detection at a build time was improved.
- We have also eliminated compilation warnings in endian-conversion functions
And as for the new features:
- The persistent timers are now written to the on-disk database only on server
shutdown. This change was done mainly to improve startup and reload
- The 'max-conn-idle', 'max-conn-handshake', 'max-conn-reply', and
'notify-timeout' config options now accept time units specification
(e.g., one can use 2m instead of 120).
- We have added 'request-edns-option' config option, which allows inserting
custom EDNS0 options into all queries initiated by the server.
And that's all folks. I would like to thank everyone involved in making this
release, especially bug reporters. We are looking forward to your feedback.
The sources are available as usual.
Jan Včelák, Knot DNS
CZ.NIC Labs https://www.knot-dns.cz
Milešovská 5, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
WWW: https://labs.nic.cz https://www.nic.cz
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the knot-dns-users