[knot-dns-users] DDNS with python

Ulrich Wisser ulrich at wisser.se
Mon Oct 5 23:18:52 CEST 2015

Updating through knsupdate is no problem at all. With knsupdate I can
actually update bind9 and knot. The problem is with the script somehow
working for bind and not working for knot.

knsupdate -y hmac-sha256:example.com.:SECRET

server bad::dad

zone example.com

del ddns.example.com. 300 IN A 3.4.5.6

send

server dead::beef

zone example.com

del ddns.example.com. 300 IN A 3.4.5.6

send

Does update bind9 and knot. My knot version is 2.1.0-dev

My knot.conf

log:

    # Log info and more serious events to syslog.

  - target: syslog

    any: debug

key:

  - id: example.com.