[knot-dns-users] Knot DNS 2.0.0 (final release)

Jan Včelák jan.vcelak at nic.cz
Fri Jun 26 15:25:09 CEST 2015

Hello everyone!

CZ.NIC Labs just released a final version of Knot DNS 2.0.

There are only a few changes since the release candidate. The synchronization
of zone file can be now disabled; knsupdate was improved to accept TSIG
algorithm in interactive mode; and some small bugs have been resolved.

I believe you are tuned to this channel and it makes a little sense to repeat
all the new features we put into 2.0 in details. Just to sum up the most
important things:

- Knot DNS 2.0 uses new configuration format based on YAML. The new format
  adds zone templates, improves remotes and ACLs specification, and in general
  makes the configuration more readable. You can convert your existing 1.6
  configuration using the knot1to2 utility.

- We have a new DNSSEC backend. It is based on GnuTLS instead of OpenSSL. And
  it contains basic support for KASP (Key And Signature Policy). At the
  moment, it can generate initial zone signing keys and perform automatic ZSK
  rollover.

For more details, please, take a look at the full change log, previous
release e-mails, documentation, or just ask.

We are looking forward to your feedback, feature requests, and even bug
reports. And thank you for using Knot DNS.

Full changelog:
https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/knot/raw/v2.0.0/NEWS

Sources:
https://secure.nic.cz/files/knot-dns/knot-2.0.0.tar.xz