[knot-dns-users] AXFR - RFC1912

Filipe Cifali cifali.filipe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:59:00 CEST 2015

Thanks, I finished fixing all the zones now, finally.

Anyone has ever used PowerDNS as master of a Knotd slave? I'm missing
something since PowerDNS returns connection refused after the initial
transfer, like it's not responding correctly to PowerDNS.

Since I can dig AXFR @127.0.0.1 (which has PowerDNS running) I don't see
how he can be wrong.

I'm not sure where to go looking for the problem here.

Best Regards,

[ ]'s

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Jan Včelák <jan.vcelak at nic.cz> wrote:

> Hello Filipe,
>
> On Thursday, July 02, 2015 07:57:46 AM Filipe Cifali wrote:
> > it's only failing for the zones w/ problems w/ CNAMEs, ignoring the
> > semantic-check off on the config.
>
> I have just taken a look to make sure: This particular check is mandatory
> and
> cannot be disabled. And I'm quite sure I want to keep it that way. The
> CNAME
> in apex is not allowed. And we would have to define some behavior how to
> answer when this happens, which makes a little sense.
>
> You should rather urge your clients to fix their zones because this problem
> can lead to random resolution failures.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jan

[ ]'s