[knot-dns-users] AXFR - RFC1912

Jan Včelák jan.vcelak at nic.cz
Thu Jul 2 13:49:42 CEST 2015

Hello Filipe,

On Thursday, July 02, 2015 07:57:46 AM Filipe Cifali wrote:
> it's only failing for the zones w/ problems w/ CNAMEs, ignoring the
> semantic-check off on the config.

I have just taken a look to make sure: This particular check is mandatory and
cannot be disabled. And I'm quite sure I want to keep it that way. The CNAME
in apex is not allowed. And we would have to define some behavior how to
answer when this happens, which makes a little sense.

You should rather urge your clients to fix their zones because this problem
can lead to random resolution failures.

Cheers,

Jan