[knot-dns-users] Knot DNS 2.0.0 (final release)

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Wed Jul 1 14:39:24 CEST 2015

Hi Anand,

> I was always under the impression that the Knot 1.x config format only
> allowed one IP address per remote definition. In fact, this is the
> reason I have remotes defined thus:

it is possible that my configuration was not correct. I started using
knot a few weeks ago. As of using dualstack and having already updated
the server I'm not able to see, if knot would have listened to the IPv4
notifies. Seeing only IPv6 log entries.

@Ondrej: do you know if there was only one adress intended? There was no
warning about a configuration error, but this might explain why only one
IP made it to the v2 config format.

> A key name is just a DNS label. So it works the same with or without
> the
> final dot. The case of the key name also does not matter. The knot1to2
> utility is just lowercasing the name and canonicalising it with a final
> dot. It will just continue to work.

Okay I see. I just noticed this as one of the changes to the config
file.

Regards,
    Volker