[knot-dns-users] Knot DNS 1.5.0 final release

Jan Kadlec jan.kadlec at nic.cz
Wed Jul 9 08:56:34 CEST 2014

Hello Knot DNS users!

After two release candidates, CZ.NIC Labs proudly release Knot DNS 1.5.0
final. This new version differs greatly from the old 1.4 branch - we've
rewritten quite a big portion of our code, and we've built a foundation
for next cool features to come.
     But you've probably read about the changes in 1.5.0 in the previous
release messages, so here's just a brief list of improvements that are
visible to users: Optional query modules (currently we have dnstap and
response synthesization modules implemented), lower memory footprint and
improved zone events handling (for those of you with problems with zone
expiring, 1.5.0 should not have this problem). We've also done a lot of
under-the-hood changes, with lots of refactoring and massive code
reductions. Apart from all this, we've been very busy writing tests -
our current test code coverage is around 75 percent.

Here are the changes we've made from 1.5.0-rc2:

Features:
  - DDNS forwarding reimplemented

Improvements:
  - Transfer sizes logged in bytes if needed
  - Logging outgoing NOTIFY messages
  - Logging unauthorized incoming NOTIFYs

Bugfixes:
  - Zone flush planning after bootstrap
  - Incorrect incoming AXFR message sizes
  - DDNS signing changes were freed too soon, with possibility of stale data
  - knotc remote control key handling

Changelog:

https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/knot/blob/v1.5.0/NEWS

Sources:
https://secure.nic.cz/files/knot-dns/knot-1.5.0.tar.gz
https://secure.nic.cz/files/knot-dns/knot-1.5.0.tar.xz

GPG signatures:
https://secure.nic.cz/files/knot-dns/knot-1.5.0.tar.gz.asc
https://secure.nic.cz/files/knot-dns/knot-1.5.0.tar.xz.asc

We've done all we could to test Knot DNS 1.5.0 on our end, now it's time
you gave it a try! We hope you'll be as happy with it as we are.

Today's thanks for bug reports go to Anand Buddhdev and Motomu Utsumi.

Have a nice day and thanks for using Knot DNS!

Jan

--
  Jan Kadlec, Knot DNS
  CZ.NIC Labs http://www.knot-dns.cz