Recommended Linux distro for FRED

Dr P Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Mon Feb 11 09:12:12 CET 2019

On 7 Feb 2019 at 15:23, Johan Olsson wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I want to install FRED but would like some guidance when it comes to which Linux Distro I
>     should use.
>
>     According to the documentation I could use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus), Fedora 24, Fedora
>     25, RHEL 7 or CentOS 7 but if I don´t have any special preferences which one is most fitting for
>     the latest stable version of FRED?
>
>     Would be eternally thankful if any helpful soul could point me in the right direction.

At the Malawi .mw registry we are running FRED on the Fedora Linux platform since 2015
and so far it is working very well.

However, we have faced a few issues upgrading to Fedora 28 where the current FRED
repository package is giving error during installation and operation, the database upgrade
script gives errors, uwsgi crashes etc ...  it seems NIC.CZ needs to resolve a few issues for
this platform.

We received indications from NIC.CZ that these would be resolved by end of this month but
we are yet to get an update.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda