ERROR: Backend server is not running!

Jiri Sadek jiri.sadek at nic.cz
Tue Nov 6 10:10:37 CET 2018

It seems you are running newer FRED packages versions without proper db
upgrade. You are missing new types of public request (used for sending a
e-mail to user about personal info stored in registry)

I guess (from the error message) that you are trying to upgrade to FRED
2.37.0 version - there are pretty major changes to privacy policy
(disclose flags) handling which are not yet configurable -
https://fred.nic.cz/documentation/html/ReleaseNotes/Upgrade-2-37.html.
Configuration of disclose flags policy is planned to FRED 2.38.0 which
should be released before 2019.

Anyway this error should be fixed with running following 3 queries
https://github.com/CZ-NIC/fred-db/blob/master/upgrades/2.33.1-2.34.0.sql#L10-L15
or downgrading packages to previous versions.

If you are upgrading I would recommend to check and apply others changes
to db schema in that version as well (with some tweaks to templates
translations if needed) or you can encounter another errors.

You can check database model version with following query (you should
apply all upgrade scripts between old and new version):
select val from enum_parameters where name = 'model_version';

In general I would recommend to read release notes before upgrading -
https://fred.nic.cz/documentation/html/ReleaseNotes/index.html. There
are some advices and considerations about upgrading to newer versions.

Regards,
Jiri