resolved - Re: auth info database query - best practice for sending auth info to a registrar

Dr Paulos B Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Sep 27 19:11:42 CEST 2016

On 27 Sep 2016 at 18:26, Jaromir Talir wrote:

> Hi Paulos,
>
> you are right, this is "standard" option. Current registrar can get
> auth_info from registry via info_domain and give it to registrant.
> Registrant will give it to new registrar and new registrar will process
> transfer.
>
> There are of course alternative ways like direct SQL into database.

Thanks for looking into it. We would have liked to transfer in bulk right now as we activate
registrars for .mw domains BUT info_domain query can only be done one domain at a time.

We had hoped that we could help registrars by doing bulk transfers BUT direct SQL seems
too risky for now. So we will let registrar suffer through the one domain at a time info_domain
process.

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda