Assistantce in setting up FRED

Piotr Przybył piotr at przybyl.org
Fri Sep 2 15:52:47 CEST 2016

Hello Sanford

I guess you might be interested in browsing fred.nic.cz and archive of this list.

There's a guide https://fred.nic.cz/page/718/guide/
and an installation manual https://fred.nic.cz/page/2904/download/
and some other documents https://fred.nic.cz/page/675/documentation/

The system is being used by various registries for years now. It supports EPP, but with custom
dialect. The most important difference might be the concept of NSSET (nameserver set), so the DNS
servers aren't attached to a domain directly, but via NSSET (which allows transferring them).
FRED also covers WHOIS(:43) and bind zone generation.

Best regards
Piotr