database migration questions

Piotr PrzybyƂ piotr at przybyl.org
Tue Aug 23 16:23:16 CEST 2016

Hello cz.nic Team

I have a few questions related to database migration of FRED if you don't mind.

====

When trying to download the latest sources from https://fred.nic.cz/page/2904/download/#source I've
realised, that they're not available. E.g. the latest migration scripts are available in
fred-db*deb, but the tarball is not a corresponding one.

Could you please try to release latest sources in tarballs?

====

I've noticed, that upgrade to 2.19.0 creates a table object_state_backup. However, beside DDL from
2.18.0-2.19.0.sql I don't see this table being used anywhere else. Can it be deleted?

====

Could you briefly describe what's the purpose of tables:

 contact_address
 contact_address_history

As far I can tell after analysing the sources, these tables are populated by a functionality called
from MojeID ( =your special NIC registrar to keep domain contacts defined at central level, not each
registrar's level).

====

What are the following tables for? Or: How the checks of contacts are working? Is is something
related to checking if a contact's address fields are valid?

 contact_check
 contact_check_history
 contact_check_message_map
 contact_check_object_state_request_map
 contact_check_poll_message_map
 contact_test_result
 contact_test_result_history
 contact_testsuite_map
 enum_contact_check_status
 enum_contact_check_status_localization
 enum_contact_test
 enum_contact_test_localization
 enum_contact_test_status
 enum_contact_test_status_localization
 enum_contact_testsuite
 enum_contact_testsuite_localization

====

There's a table notification_queue. I can't find any usage of it (maybe because not all tarballs are
up to date). What is it for?

Do you replicate this table using Slony? (Because it has neither primary nor unique key.)

Best regards
Piotr