fixing FRED autostart @Ubuntu 16.04

Piotr Przybył piotr at przybyl.org
Sun Aug 21 15:03:50 CEST 2016

On 21/08/16 11:43, Dr Paulos B Nyirenda wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2016 at 17:27, Piotr Przybyl wrote:
>
>> On 19/08/16 15:58, Dr Paulos B Nyirenda wrote:
>>

>>> We have similar issues starting FRED automatically on boot in Fedora.
>>>

>> Are you running production/live version using Fedora?
>
> Running FRED in production on .mw registry, yes, very much so.  Why the question?
>
> We have been testing FRED since 2013 and we moved to production phase a few months
> ago.

Well, some people say that some distros having bleeding edge features but lacking long term support
might not be the best choice for running a prod server in a long term, although this also depends on
one's needs and context. "Don't use Fedora for server" can't be taken as a dogma. ;-)

Fedora is released every 6 months (just like Ubuntu for instance), and is supported for 13 months
after release. This is in contrast to Ubuntu LTS, which is supported for 5 years after the release.
I'm not RHEL or CentOS certified pro and AFAICT the "redhatish" distros have testing field in
Fedora, then features well tested in desktop environments are incorporated into RHEL/CentOS.

Best regards
Piotr Przybył