protection period

Jaromír Talíř jaromir.talir at nic.cz
Sun Jul 19 22:42:39 CEST 2015

Hi Petur,

yes, for old version I guess it's cached and you have to restart. We
implemented this protection period in order to prevent reusing deleted
handles by some other entity and pretending it's still the same object.
This can be important especially for handles of contacts.

Jaromir

On Mon, 2015-07-20 at 01:25 +0500, Petur Kirke wrote:
> Hello again
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> We are running a very old version of Fred.
> I cant find handle_registration_protection_period there, but i found
>  object_registration_protection_period, and i sat this to = 0.
> But it didnt solve the problem. Still get the same error.
> Do i need to restart fred-server or do you know what can be missing ?
>
> regards
> Peter
>
> > Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 21:25:27 +0200
> > From: piotr at przybyl.org
> > To: fred-users at lists.nic.cz
> > Subject: Re: protection period
> >
> > On 19/07/15 09:21, Petur Kirke wrote:
> > > Im running this in fred-client:

> ----------------
> > > Command to issue:
> > > create_nsset NS12840 ((ns1.olivant.fo), (ns2.olivant.fo)) ID1
> > > Do you really want to send this command to the server? (y/N): y
> > > ERROR: Server returned an empty message.
> > > Ending session at localhost
> > > Disconnected.
> > > Try to automaticly reconnect - send login.
> > > Connecting to localhost, port 700 ...
> > > Connected!
> > >
> > > ERROR: Parameter value syntax error
> > > Reason: within protection peridod.
> ----------------
> > >
> > > What does this mean ? Is the nsset protected for a period ? And
> how can i make it open again ?
> > >
> > > regards
> > > Petur Kirke
> > > .fo
> >
> > Hello Petur
> >
> > Please try to set enum_parameters, name
> handle_registration_protection_period to 0 (zero) in your DB.
> >
> > I guess you might have this parameter set to a positive number and
> previously you had NSSET with
> > name NS12840 active in last 'positive number' days.
> >
> > Reason is (I guess again ;-)) to disallow creating objects with the
> same ID right after they were
> > deleted. This could confuse users who not aware enough.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Piotr Przybył

Jaromir Talir
technicky reditel / Chief Technical Officer
CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.  --    .cz domain registry
Milesovska 5, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
mailto:jaromir.talir at nic.cz  http://nic.cz/
sip:jaromir.talir at nic.cz tel:+420.222745107
mob:+420.739632712       fax:+420.222745112