outzone immediately

Petur Kirke peturkirke at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 14:58:29 CEST 2009

Hi again

I inserted this into object_state_request:

"insert into object_state_request (object_id, state_id, valid_to) values
(123456, 5, NULL)"

and it works fine. The domain is outzoned.

Then i want to put it in zone again, so i inserted this:

"insert into object_state_request (object_id, state_id, valid_to) values
(123456, 6, NULL)"

but now i got a problem. The domain is not put into zone again, and whois
answers:

------
Domain is administartively kept out of zone
Domain is administartively kept in zone
Domain is not generated into zone
------

I guess instead of inserting a new record with state = 6, i should DELETE
the record with state = 5
is that correct ?

regards
Petur

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 19:02 +0100, Petur Kirke wrote:

> if i want to outzone one domain immediately,
>
> i must first insert into table object_state_request
>
> and then run object_regular_procedure immediately
>
> is this correct ?

Yes, but you don't need to call complete object_regular_procedure, it's
enough to run object_update_states, so that state of domain will change
to 'outzone'.

Next zone file generation process (calling genzone_client) will avoid
this domain and will not generate it into zone file;