object_regular_procedure

Jaromír Talíř jaromir.talir at nic.cz
Tue May 26 16:45:24 CEST 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 15:35 +0100, Petur Kirke wrote:
> Hello again

Hello Petur!

> Finally i decided, what i want to do. I only want to use these 2
> commands, which "object_regular_procedure" is a shortcut for:
>
> fred-admin --update_object_states
> fred-admin --object_delete_candidates
>
> I can see 2 ways to do this, and i want to ask you to help me choosing
> the correct way to do this:
>
> 1) to run "object_regular_procedure" without running the unwanted
> commands, but only the 2 that i want to run. Is that possible, and if
> yes, how ?

This is not possible.

> 2) if i run the 2 commands individually, how should the order be ?
> (for example update_object_states should be runned 2 times ?, is that
> before and after the other command/s ?)

This is only possible solution. You will have to run
object_update_states twice to avoid potential race conditions. It could
happen during the first run, that some domain will be renewed in the
same time as marked deleted. Second run will clean this mark for these
renewed domains. We consider this better solution than using locks.

So to conclude. You will have to run these commands individually and for
safety You will have to run object_update_states twice. The order is
significant. Command object_update_states will mark domains deleted and
command object_delete_candidates will unregister these domains.

fred-admin --object_update_states