SV: VS: delete one Domain only from nameserver

Jaromír Talíř jaromir.talir at nic.cz
Tue May 19 15:21:09 CEST 2009

Petur Kirke píše v Po 18. 05. 2009 v 15:00 +0100:
> 3 more questions:
>

> ... Then you have to go to sql console and call
> 'SELECT update_object_states(DOMAIN_ID);' This request has validity
> (default 7 days) specified in table object_state_requests. After
> validity expire, status is cleared.
>
> 1) Do you mean, that the domain is only outZoned for 7 days ?

I meant that there shortcut fred-admin command
(---object_new_state_request) that do nothing but insert into
object_state_request table. It fills column valid_to to current_date +
7. If you will insert this row manually, you can specify any valid_to
data (or null if you don't want to limit this change)

If you will do it using fred-admin, you will have to update this row in
sql.

> 2) Is it not possible to set the status permanently to outZone for one Domain ? Or as long as you would like to put it out of zone ?

If you will specify valid_to=null in object_state_request table it will be permamently outzone

> 3) Is it possible to put one domain ONLY inZone, but not create it in the system ?

No, you have to register domain before you can do anything with it. Of
course you can modify generated zone file and insert such domain
directly there using other methods then Fred.