technical_test

Jaromír Talíř jaromir.talir at nic.cz
Wed Jan 21 13:40:23 CET 2009

Hello,

> In .fo we demand from our users, that DNS (nameservers) shall be
> working, before they can apply for a domain. Because of this, we do a
> check at the time, when the users is applying for the domain on our
> website. The check-script is checking, if the domain, which the user
> applies for, are registered on the nameservers, which he specifies as
> nameservers for this domain.
> Can i use the fred-client command "technical_test" for this purpose ?

yes, technical_test is command you should use.

> Or does this command have another purpose ?

this command check more than you said. Complete description of all tests
can be found here:
http://dsdng.nic.cz/attachment/wiki/attachments/communication_rules.pdf?format=raw

> And if yes, then which level should i be using ?

Three basic tests and their level are:

1. Existance of nameserver (can connect to DNS)
2. Presence of domain on nameserver (answer DNS query for this domain)
3. Nameserver is Authority DNS for this domain

In your case you should call with report level 3 to cover all these
three tests.

> I have tried, but it seems not to give me correct answers on this.

What was the answers? And what was questions?

Regards
Jaromir